Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Story Idea

It's been a while since I've put anything up here. I'm not sure I'm satisfied with how this one turned out, but I'm tired of working on it. Anyway, this picture is of an idea I have for a story. The setting is kind of before, during, and after an apocalypse type of war. This scene is right after the war and the girl is one of the main characters.

This was more of an exercise in character drawing, though. I learned a lot about facial structure, lighting, and how to use color. I'm probably going to try doing some more quicker drawings (speed paints) to improve on these points. I tend to polish things a lot, but doing some rough drawings might help solidify the basics.


3 comments:

  1. Robby! This is awesome! I like your story idea, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, the story's still a work in progress, though. As is the painting apparently - I changed the color of the girl's skin to make it look slightly more real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having a creative outlet is so awesome. I like that you're doing art and story...that's seriously so cool!

    ReplyDelete