Friday, November 15, 2013

More sprite creation

I decided to include a few images to kind of show my process when I can't figure out how to make a sprite right away. I started this process because I wasn't sure how to make a fore-shortened sword look good on a small scale, but it ended up being really helpful for the whole sprite. The first picture is a side view of this character. I couldn't figure out how to draw this as a sprite, so I drew it with the traditional style. I also couldn't figure out the hand, so I drew a close-up to get it right.

The second picture is a rough side view of the character that I was able to use as a reference when making the simple, pixel version. The sprites are based on a typical style, so this is helpful when the pixel version isn't obvious.

The last picture is the sprite, which is supposed to look similar to the second picture. Obviously, it's not identical. The colors also don't match the other sprites completely yet, so it's not ready to put into a sprite sheet for game use, but it's getting there.



No comments:

Post a Comment